Κυριακή 13 Ιουλίου 2014

Movie review: The fault in our stars + 1 year without Cory Monteith

Also read:
Next article: Breakfast with me.


8,5/10

Everyone has been talking about this movie for a while now. They have been saying how amazing it is and how much they cried when watching it. So two friends and I decided to go to the cinema and watch this so-called movie. In fact, we had been wanting to see it for a while but it wasn’t being played near our area so by the time finally decided to actually watch it, it was only being played at one theatre only. So we had to check all the bus destinations and stops and leave our houses at 4 p.m because the movie was being played at a distant place we had never been to before and it stared at 6 p.m. Moreover, after the movie was over we got lost. In short, it kind of took us 7 hours!!!The question is, was it worth it?

The movie follows the story of two young people who have been fighting to stay alive all their lives and find love at the very end. Hazel and Gus meet at a support group and we can see that it's almost love at first sight. From the point that they literally bump into each other their lives are about to be changed for good.

I understand that people are obsessed with this movie and everyone is talking about it but le's just say that they are doing it for the wrong reasons. I believe that what most people see was a sad yet beautiful love story. But let me just say that this movie is far from just another love story. This story is not just about two teenagers and it’s not about how perfect the boy or the girl is.

This story is about LIFE. It’s about realising that there is no forever. There is no such thing as living forever and the couple in this movie were the best example of two people who really understand what it’s like to know that you are going to die…very, very soon! They teach us that what we call forever is actually temporary and that we are lucky enough to have lived that something. So, yes they greave and it’s sad but what’s really important is the strength that there is inside people.

To be honest I did shed a tear too…Again, not because of their love but because when I saw Hazel leaving the cigarettes on Gus’ grave, it reminded me of my grandmother’s funeral. (Miss you and love you grandmum Amalia <3)


I guess that everyone has different impressions of this movie and that is mine: It was worth going through all that trouble as it was a good film though I feel that it would have better with different actors. I know that what I’m going to say is weird but I really wish Cory Monteith was still alive because he would have been the perfect Gus (No offense to the current gus he did very well and his also beautiful).

It’s been exactly one year since he died but he is still in our heart. R.I.P Cory…We miss you!!! You have insired so many people including me obviously!!! I hope you're happy...


Cory Monteith Tribute- If I Die Young



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου