Σάββατο 26 Ιουλίου 2014

A perfect moment.

Read also:
Similar article: Finding happiness
Previous article: My Summer 2014 Playlist





The other day,while I was with my friends at “McDonald’s” and I was waiting at the line to order, I noticed a blond guy with the corner of my eye as he was next to me. While I turned my head to look at him, he turned his head too so at that moment I looked up (as he was extremely tall) and I faced his beautiful clear blue eyes. One second was enough to see all of him and even get an idea of his whole existence. Those eyes, that face. I have to admit that I don’t easily remember people’s face but his face, his expression is stuck in my mind. We immediately both turned away and never really looked at each other again.

I don’t know what he was thinking but all I knew was that I needed to catch my breath for a second. I was thinking how beautiful he was, how it felt as if I was looking at an angel, how I felt like I already knew him just from that one second. Honestly,I don’t even know what I’m writing right now but it felt like magic.

I know that I will never meet him and that I will never know his name or what he was thinking but maybe that’s what is so beautiful about the whole situation. He left me feeling both beautiful and insecure at the same time as I don’t know his thoughts but I feel that he looked at me the same way I looked at him. I kind of feel special because in a world where we are always busy and even unhappy, living a strong moment like this feels amazing. Again, I’m aware that maybe he had no idea about all of this or that maybe he was thinking something negative about me but I just don’t care. 

Maybe perfect moments do happen but we are always too greedy and want more than that.  I am definitely not saying that we should wait our whole lives for perfect moments to happen because that way they just won’t happen. What I’m saying is the time that it happened while I wasn’t doing anything special. I was just ordering some French fries at “McDonald’s” while my friend was waiting for me at the corner. At that time, while impatiently waiting in the line, in an extremely hot summer day in July, it happened out of the blue. It only lasted one moment and it will NOT BE CONTINUED and was probably only special to me (but maybe not). AGAIN IT DOESN’T MATTER.

All of this might sound as if it was written in a book and everyone will think that that stuff doesn’t happen in real life. If you have asked me a few days ago, I would have said the same thing but now it’s different. Everyone is expecting their first kiss to feel like a fairytale and that was what I thought it would feel like too. But it didn’t and that’s ok. For me perfect moments were when I got a call saying that I passed the test that is going to determine my whole life or just making eye contact for a second with a stranger that I WILL NEVER EVER MEET!!!!

I'm grateful!!!



2 σχόλια:

  1. You're so right Amalia Boura ,but don't you dare say again that a test can determine you're whole life because as you always remind me that life is full of chances and nothing is that important...

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή