Τετάρτη 11 Ιουνίου 2014

Reasons why (almost) everyone loves summer.

Also read:
Previous article: My weekend #3




Summer is the warmest of the four temperate seasons, falling between spring and autumn. At the summer solstice, the days are longest and the nights are shortest, with day-length decreasing as the season progresses after the solstice. The date of the beginning of summer varies according to climate, tradition and culture, but when it is summer in the Northern Hemisphere it is winter in the Southern Hemisphere, and vice versa.

v  School’s out.
If you are like me, you’ve been waiting the school year to be over since your first day. I mean come on, no waking at 07:30 a.m. or earlier, no homework or test, no teachers yelling at you, no seeing the people you hate every day, no stress, no boring lessons…


v  Summer vacations.
It’s nice going somewhere on vacation during the summer as it’s time everyone got some rest. It’s high time we left everything behind for a while and relaxed.

P.S: If you’re not going anywhere for the summer, don’t worry you can still have fun wherever you live. I am going to go to my village as usual so I don’t think I will be doing anything special either (although I had the time of my life there last summer as I made new friends and saw new places)




v  Summer camp

If you can still go to summer camp, know that I’m just jealous of you. When I was younger I hated going to summer camp. I went to three different camps but only the third one I liked. I was older and the camp was better so everything worked out. It was definitely one of the best experiences of my life so far. Unfortunately, I can’t go there anymore as I’m too old. If you are a parent I think that you should send your children to summer camp, just don’t send them before their old enough to take care of themselves. Also keep in mind that it’s not very easy to find the right place for your kid.


v  New people in your life.
During the summer it’s easier to meet new people as go to different places and see different people. It’s the perfect time to make new friends and forget about the heartbreaks and frienemies.

v  More time to take care of Yourself.
Many of us neglect ourselves a bit during the winter because we are too busy doing what we are supposed to be doing. Now we can paint our nails, take extra care of our skin, get a haircut, a massage etc.

v  Visits to the beach.
As the weather gets warmer and the sun is extra hot, it’s time to hit the beach. Take your friends and drive to the nearest beach and take a swim.

P.S Always wear sunscreen especially if you are as white as I am (I always get sunburned no matter how much sunscreen I put on. Once I got sunburned even though it was about to start raining and there was no sight of sun at all.)

These are the seasons why I personally love summer. I can’t wait for final exams to be over and summer to begin for me and my classmates. Unfortunately, most people have to work but they will still get a few days to relax (hopefully).

I'm really sorry if you hate summer (the sun, the beach, the weather)...Look on the bright side, it's only for three months!!! ;) 


Have a nice and relaxing summer…


2 σχόλια: